2010-2011 archive of press releases disseminated by Snow Valley Mountain Resort.
SNOW VALLEY TO HOST TOUGH MUDDER EVENT IN MAY 2011
Snow Valley Mountain Resort is pleased to have been chosen to host the Tough Mudder Southern California event on May 28 & 29, 2011.
Says Dave Lawrence, Summer Events Manager, "Snow Valley is looking forward to hosting this very unique and popular event. Our proximity and convenient location to all of Southern California make Snow Valley the perfect venue for Tough Mudder."
Tough Mudder at Snow Valley will offer a challenging course that is over 8 miles long and will take participants approximately 2.5 hours to complete.
For complete details or to sign up for the event, please visit www.toughmudder.com
September 9, 2010 SNOW VALLEY MAKES SNOW IN SEPTEMBER
While it has very recently been warm in the city, Snow Valley Mountain Resort made snow early this morning for several hours. Although the calendar still indicates that it is summer, temperatures dropped and our automated snowmaking fan guns began making snow shortly after 3 A.M.
Says Nick Chatterton, Snow Surfaces Manager, "Our records indicate that this is the earliest we have made snow and this proves that our system is prepared to make plenty of snow for the upcoming winter season."
The Marketing Department joined in on the fun and Snow Valley's Vice President of Marketing Kevin Somes was the first person to ski in Southern California for the 2010-2011 season and stated "While it is unusual to ski in Southern California so early, it was great just to get out on the snow since the winter season is around the corner."
As the summer season fades away and fall arrives, get ready for a great winter season of fun at Snow Valley Mountain Resort.
August 27, 2010 Summer Improvements Announced
While it is warm in the city, Snow Valley Mountain Resort is gearing up for a fantastic winter season. Although the last of the more than 18 feet of natural snow stuck around until late June, preparations for the 2010-2011 winter season have been underway since the 2009-2010 season concluded on May 3.
Says Kevin Somes, Vice President of Marketing, "Snow Valley is focused on providing a convenient and quality winter resort experience and the whole Snow Valley team is excited about our investments to make the resort even better."
Over the summer, the following investments totaling over three quarters of a million dollars have been made:
- A new Prinoth Bison X 2011 snowcat for use in our terrain parks
- $230,000 in new ski and snowboard rental equipment and additional boot dryers for our expanded rental fleet
- A new computerized rental processing system will be in use to allow for more timely and convenient rental of ski and snowboard equipment
- Lift 8 has been refurbished and reopens—this lift will allow easier access from Slide Peak to the front mountain. In addition, this lift services great intermediate runs
- A new POS (Point of Sale) system has been installed in all retail and food & beverage venues to allow for quicker processing of orders and thus, faster service
- Margarita Beach reopens
- New food venue at the bottom of Lift 8
- In addition, a variety of other "behind the scenes" improvements have been made such as new roofs of building, painting of facilities and much more
As the summer season fades away and fall arrives, get ready for a great winter season of fun at Snow Valley Mountain Resort. Be sure to purchase your season pass online at snow-valley.com and enjoy all of these resort enhancements.